Hello we are the 2019-2020 St Joseph’s Chaplaincy team; some of us began working as the new team during 2018-19 and this year have welcomed some new members. Since the start of this year we have been involved in a number of activities and are looking forward to more throughout the year.
Once a week we meet with Mrs Tuff to discuss our plans and ideas for the coming weeks.
Each Wednesday we are in the chapel sharing bible stories with the other children. This is a time when they can come into a quiet reflective space and listen to some of our favourite stories and discuss what we can learn from them.
Every Thursday there is the opportunity for children to attend ‘Chaplaincy chat’. This is a sign up service where the children can come over lunch time to talk to us about anything they are worrying about or if they need any advice. We try to help where we can but if we can’t we will always help the children find the right person to help them.
Each week we change the cloths and candles on the Act of Worship focus table to ensure that it follows the liturgical year.
· To help the school to be a community of faith.
· To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
· To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
· To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
· To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
· To continue to develop strong links with the Parish.
· To support the school in its Mission Statement.
We have lots of ideas of how we can fulfil our roles. Here are some of them:
· Help to prepare assemblies.
· ‘Saints Day’ celebrations.
· Organise various charity fund-raising events.
· Provide weekly ‘Thought for the Week’ which is posted on the chaplaincy board.
· Suggest ideas for RE resources.
· Help to lead assemblies.
· Promote bible stories.
· Maintain our Prayer Garden.
We have also thought of how we can work together.
The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team.
· Listen to each other’s ideas.
· Communicate with all the team members, school and parish.
· Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
· Include everyone when making decisions.
· Lead by example, love everyone especially people you don’t get on with.
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know.