We have adopted a range of programmes from the Read Write Inc series.
Phonics, Literacy & Language and Spelling are highly successful literacy programmes created by Ruth Miskin and published by Oxford University Press.
Each of the Read Write Inc. programmes are carefully matched to the new curriculum, giving our children the very best chance of success. They use a step-by-step approach to teach all children to become fluent readers, confident speakers, willing writers and accurate spellers.
At St Joseph’s, the programmes are used as follows:
- Read Write Inc. Phonics is taught to children in Reception to Year 2 and for our children in Years 3 and 4 who need to catch up.
- Read Write Inc. Literacy and Language for our fluent readers in Years 2 to 6.
- Read Write Inc. Spelling for our children in Years 2 to 6.
In addition to Read Write Inc. we use the Pearson Bug Club as the core reading scheme across the school.
For information on the reading scheme and book bands click here.
For more information on the Read Write Inc. programme click the link below:
Click on the links below to download a document showing details of the national Curriculum content taught within each year group.
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI R
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y1
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y2
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y3 4
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y5 6