We have adopted a range of programmes from the Read Write Inc series.
Phonics, Literacy & Language and Spelling are highly successful literacy programmes created by Ruth Miskin and published by Oxford University Press.
Each of the Read Write Inc. programmes are carefully matched to the new curriculum, giving our children the very best chance of success. They use a step-by-step approach to teach all children to become fluent readers, confident speakers, willing writers and accurate spellers.
At St Joseph’s, the programmes are used as follows:
- Read Write Inc. Phonics is taught to children in Reception to Year 2 and to those who require further phonic knowledge.
- Read Write Inc. Literacy and Language programme is one we use but literacy teaching is also designed and developed using a wide range of high quality literature for our fluent readers in Years 2 to 6.
- The Oxford Owl/Read Write Inc. Spelling programme is delivered to children in Years 2 to 6.
In addition to Read Write Inc. we use the Pearson Bug Club as the core reading scheme across the school whilst also using the vast array of literature in the school library.
For information on the reading scheme and book bands click here.
For more information on the Read Write Inc. programme click the link below:
Click on the links below to download a document showing details of the national Curriculum content taught within each year group.
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI R
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y1
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y2
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y3 4
- CURRICULUM Literacy RWI Y5 6